Salary AUD140,000 - AUD175,000 per annum + bonus
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Meghan Donnithorne
Date posted 12 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
About the company: The opportunity for a cloud engineer has become available to join a global brand and work with the leading technologies with the strongest professionals in their field in Sydney CBD. This global consultancy are making giant strides redefining the market and as a result are supplying some of Australia's leading names to combat the ongoing cyber threats that many organisations are facing. The role will be based in Sydney looking to strengthen operations across Australia and optimise the cloud platform based on AWS.
About the role:
The Cloud Engineer is a DevOps style role focused on the iterative building and enhancing platform and infrastructure services across a wide range of technologies in a redhat linux environment. The cloud enginer works to optimise the platfor, support highly automated release engineering environments and assist with platform design and deployment into customer environments.
- Optimise the platform based on redhat linux on AWS
- Develop the capabilities of advanced security platforms and offerings.
- assist with designing, building and maintaining a range of infrastructure automation, continuous integration and delivery capabilities.
- Assess platform requirements and provide recommendations on how to optimise use of available infrastructure.
- Deploy capabilities into customer environments based on continuous delivery methodologies.
- Design, build and continue to evolve availability and performance monitoring capabilities across a wide range of infrastructure.
- Optimise the release engineering and continuous delivery frameworks.
- Strong background as a cloud engineer or a Linux engineer in cloud environments
- Strong experience in AWS environments
- Extensive experience with continuous delivery environments.
- Scripting in a language such as Python or Bash.
- Understanding of git workflows: branching, tagging, pull requests, etc.
- Comfortable working within an Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge on how to use Docker.
- Great understanding on how to diagnose and improve infrastructure performance issues.
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem is a bonus
- Understanding of how Apache Spark works is a bonus
To apply please click apply or call Meghan Donnithorne on +61 2 8289 3141 for a confidential discussion.