IT Operations Engineer
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Ben Leighton
Date posted 13 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
My client is a globally recognised company that provides software solutions to streamline the client lifecycle process for large financial institutions. This is your opportunity to expose yourself to the latest tools and technologies. The IT Operations Engineer will support internal core application deployments. You will be experienced in: * Client consultation. * Windows server administration. * Installation/deployment of software. * Automating solutions with scripting (PowerShell and Bash).
My client is a globally recognised company that provides software solutions to streamline the client lifecycle process for large financial institutions. The company has an enormous presence overseas and the Sydney CBD office has high growth expectations. As an operations engineer this is your opportunity to show off your ability, expose yourself to the latest tools and technologies, and be exposed to exciting and innovative challenges.
The IT Operations Engineer role will focus on the design, development and support of internal core application deployments. The high growth of the technology landscape presents an excellent opportunity to use knowledge of ASP.NET, IIS and work with a DevOps team to provide support and deployment of operational environments and CI/CD.
You will be working in the sales team and will represent my client as the “Face of IT Operations” in Sydney. You will have strong customer service experience because a major part of this role will be client facing as a consultant.
- Provide design input into projects and internal deployments.
- Integration, installation and deployment of software.
- Automate solutions with scripting (PowerShell and Bash).
- Work with DevOps team. Support CI/CD pipeline.
- Maintenance on IIS web applications, MSSQL/Oracle Database, Java Services, Elasticsearch.
- SME in operational environments, product installation, monitoring solutions.
- Strong Windows Server Administration.
- Scripting skills – PowerShell, Bash.
- NET Web Applications, installation and deployment experience.
- Strong problems solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, shows initiative, can work independently or as part of a team.
- 1-2 years experience with service operational background.
- Degree or Diploma in Computing or similar.
- Microsoft Certifications.
- Sydney CBD.
- Attractive permanent salary.
- Exposure to cutting edge Fintech products, tools and technologies.
- Extensive training programmes.
- Flexible working hours, work from home policy and more.
- Exciting, dynamic, collaborative work environment.
02 8289 3139
To apply please click apply or call Ben Leighton on +61 2 82893139 for a confidential discussion.