Senior Network Engineer
Salary excellent benefits
Consultant John-Paul Joubeir
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-12 2019-10-11 it Adelaide South Australia AU AUD 110 130 130 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
As a national business in a sector undergoing rapid, positive changes, ARTC offers a diverse, challenging and exciting working environment. We continuously strive to improve our business and surpass customer expectations. Creativity and innovation are driven by our team and our people are central to our ability to evolve and grow into the future.
The role of Senior Network Engineer will have significant importance to the day-to-day operations of the national organisation. Reporting in the Enterprise Technology Manager, this critical role will ensure optimum performance.
- Ensure complete national network functionality and performance
- Support and manage the national network infrastructure across ARTC systems
- Be Subject matter expert for all things network related
- Management of routers, switches firewalls including SDN and cloud environments
- Work on the current and future architectural network design ensuring optimal performance is achieved
- Monitor and report the performance of the network with the appropriate monitoring tools
- Ensure compliance with ARTC’s Safety Management Systems and environmental Management systems requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in Information and Communications Technology, or equivalent industry experience
- Operational experience with Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) management (eg. Palo Alto Networks)
- Demonstrated experience and detailed understanding routing/switching
- Demonstrated experience in working with various firewalls
- Ability to step-up, drive and own the operations and functionality of the network
- Must be available for a rostered 24/7 on-call component. Roster will be discussed at interview stage.
- Outstanding communications both written and verbal.
ARTC is an outstanding organisation that presents its employees with fantastic opportunities to develop their skills.
Please note that this appointment is subject to ARTC’s medical fitness standards relative to the position as well a clear Drug & alcohol screening.
To apply please click apply or call John-Paul Joubeir on 08 8216 3500 or Giuseppe Nasca on 08 8216 3508 for a confidential discussion.