Chief Information Security Officer
Location Bedford ParkFULL_TIME
Consultant Giuseppe Nasca
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-04-07 it Bedford Park South Australia AU AUD 190000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Founded in 1966 and for over 50 years, Flinders University has been at the centre of inspiring achievement from pioneering research and excellence in teaching to the positive impact they have in the communities they serve. With a highly engaged workforce recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes, Flinders University enters an era of disruptive change and remarkable technological innovation and is well prepared for this unpredictable exciting future.
To support the continued growth and success, Flinders University seeks to engage a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) who will strive to be a valued provider of strategic and high-level operational leadership to the Office of the CIO within Information and Digital Services (IDS).
The CISO will be primarily responsible for ensuring that University IT services (on-premise and hosted) are implemented with the highest levels of protection and the risks associated with IT operations are managed accordingly.
In addition, the CISO will also drive the strategic and operational planning, oversee major change projects, manage strategic internal and vendor relationships whilst managing financial performance.
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing IT risk within the University by leading the identification, assessment and appropriate remediation of risk through the delivery risk workshops, maintenance of a risk register and ongoing risk assessments ensuring the continuous improvement of IDS.
- Operational and strategic management of the University’s Information Security Management Framework (ISMF).
- Developing and communicating information security and risk strategy and liaising with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across the University to maximise the value on security and risk investments.
- Taking responsibility for leading the Information Security and Risk group (comprising cyber security and digital identity teams), including organising and managing all resources to ensure effective service delivery.
- Managing the group’s financial performance in consultation with the CIO, ensuring that all aspects of the budget are managed effectively and in accordance with University policies.
- Responsibility for implementing the cybersecurity policies and development of the cybersecurity roadmaps for IDS.
Key requirements for this position will include:
- A degree in computer science, information systems, cyber security, business technology or other relevant degree qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive leadership experience in an Information Security / Risk management role.
- A high level of interpersonal influence and demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and clients across a diverse organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse issues, solve problems and make decisions by applying sound judgements, including the responding to and managing of information security incidents.
- Highly developed oral presentation skills and advanced written communication skills.
Overall, you will need to be a self-motivated individual with the ability to build cohesive stakeholder relationships across internal and external partnerships. Your professional behaviour and committed work ethic will demonstrate your ability to consistently achieve high standards with utmost integrity
To apply please click apply or call Giuseppe Nasca on 08 8216 3508 for a confidential discussion.