Lead Data Scientist
Location Perth CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 4 September 20192019-09-04 2019-10-04 it Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 160000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This organisation boasts substantial growth within the Australian market, and as a result has expanded to international markets in recent times. This is a highly visible role internal to the business. Working closely with senior management, you will drive the successful delivery of various data and analytics initiatives to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the business into the future.
The Lead Data Scientist will have the opportunity to work across a range of business areas (both strategic and operational) alongside a team of data scientists and engineers. The retail/financial organisation are focused on the credit underwriting management arm of the business, analysing, forecasting and predicting potential credit loss to the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for timely deliverables around modelling and forecasting.
Due to the nature of this position and the high visibility within the organisation, you will have a range of tools and resources at your disposal to succeed in this role. You will be working on various Greenfield projects and driving data centric initiatives within the business. Currently there is a good formal structure in place regarding data quality and governance, which will act as a solid base to build upon.
- Engage with internal stakeholders providing recommendations regarding provisioning and credit risk strategy.
- Management and build of current data models.
- Plan, execute and deliver new initiatives, reporting methods, insights and models.
- Refine current data governance controls and methodology regarding data inputs and assumptions to ensure compliance with business and legal requirements.
- Manage and lead a small team of data specialists ensuring a high quality of deliverables in line with management expectations.
- Minimum 4 years commercial experience in a senior or leadership role.
- Strong technical background in data engineering (expert skills in Python, R and SQL).
- Outstanding understanding of forecasting and statistical modelling techniques.
- Effective communication skills, the ability to convey complex ideas to non – technical audiences.
- Must be a natural problem solver, be proactive, ambitious and team oriented.
This presents an outstanding opportunity for a Senior or Lead Data Scientist to take the next step in their career. This is a highly innovative organisation with a fantastic work culture and big things on the horizon. In addition to this, there is a planned growth opportunity to transition into a director level role. The state of the art offices are located within the CBD overlooking a beautiful view. The team are quite social hosting outings on the occasional Friday and and a supportive network.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.