Head of Technology
Consultant Meghan Donnithorne
Date posted 8 November 20192019-11-08 2019-12-08 it Wollongong New South Wales AU 2500 AUD 22000 250000 250000 YEAR IMB Bank https://www.imb.com.au/ https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/imb.gif
Located in Wollongong, IMB Bank’s mission is to become NSW’s leading mutual. In support of this ambition, the company has commenced digitally enabling the bank, which is driving member growth, supporting distribution, and delivering superior experiences to customers and staff. Continuing to embrace modern technologies and platforms, the Head of Technology will lead all aspects of the technology function, including service delivery, solutions delivery, governance, cyber and architecture.
- Provide a vision for the technology eco-system aligned with IMB’s strategy and innovation initiatives
- Act as a leader of change, providing clear communication and articulation of this vision that translates to a culture of high performance
- Own the delivery and management of hosted IT operations, systems, software and infrastructure including cloud assets
- Take carriage of in flight critical transformation initiatives, initial projects will include working with the business to roll out Office 365, support the business re-locate to modern new head office and implement new data analytics platform
- Champion technology governance, including uplifting policies, processes, controls and meeting prudential obligations
- Mentor teams, and implement ways to up-skill existing staff on the technology changes
- Commit to aligning to industry standards and methodologies across all operational processes.
- Maintain industry technology knowledge, market changes and innovations and continue to identify new technologies that could potentially add value to IMB
- Continuing to uplift vendor and third party management frameworks and processes
- Work closely with Chief Digital Officer, peer group and transformation teams
- Experience leading high performing teams and aligning technologies during critical transformational periods
- No ego mentality, a collaborative approach working with peers to achieve the best outcome for the bank , including being hands-on when required
- Relevant technology background across strategy, architecture, cloud, infrastructure, Atlassian tools, and cyber security as well as an understanding of core banking systems
- A track record of developing, mentoring, up-skilling staff and creating a high-performance culture
- An eye for operational efficiency's including opportunities to automate
- Strong vendor managements skills and commercial acumen
- Professional experience in financial services, with an understanding of risk management and understanding of prudential regulation and compliance
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Degree qualified
To apply please click apply or call Meghan Donnithorne on +61 2 8289 3141 for a confidential discussion.