Salary AUD150000 - AUD180000 per annum + Inc Super
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Scott Fitzgerald
Date posted 19 October 2016
A technical interface between customers and internal stakeholders. The objective is to aid the progress of security projects from sign off to delivery
This Security Lead is a technical interface between multiple customers and internal stakeholders.
Its primary objective is to aid the progress of security projects from customer sign off
through to successful delivery. The successful candidate will liaise between the Account
Teams, the Customer, the resources (domestic and off-shore) and the security product line.
The Security Lead will support the overall security practice in managing security operations
within agreed cost envelopes of each project, and will have shared ownership of both the
Technical & Service Design elements of security deals as well as shared accountability for
delivering against those designs.
- In the Security Lead role you will be spreading you time across multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Required to add valuable input to technical designers and provide guidance to presales and sales bid teams by sharing your experience on what works well and what could be improved on future projects.
- Flag any concerns and/or obstacles to this successful progress and timely delivery of security projects to the Account Director, Project Manager, relevant Sales Specialist, and (upon escalation) the Head of Practice.
- Responsible for the successful management of overall contractual obligations for security and will need to be agile to support the wider team in providing incident and problem management to drive long-term customer satisfaction.
- Support and enhance the current off-shore resource team to build complex end to end solutions, and add content to assist with sign off and delivery.
- Collaborate with internal sales channels to help manage and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate upsell opportunities within the projects you will be exposed to.
- Appropriate communication skills and ability to motivate both clients and internal stakeholders. You will assist with contractual negotiations, provide input to project & program planning, and monitor the quality of deliverables for multiple work packages.
- Responsible for driving the effective execution of large projects, dealing with all relevant issues, often without guidance of the program manager. You may be asked to provide input into the formulation of network, technology, systems and information strategy and evolution plans.
- Ability to meet objectives, solve problems and further success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge through the definition of high level solutions. The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role.
- Expected to keep their technical skills up to date as well as keeping abreast of new technologies and market interests.
- Bachelor’s Degree Level or equivalent
- Should hold multiple valid technical qualifications
- Experience of critical and complex project delivery and relationship management as defined by the needs of the business, including customer, project team, project suppliers and other affected parties
- Ability to innovate to resolve major problems and has a record of getting buy in to innovative solutions to resolve issues that threatened to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals
- Significant experience in leading and delivering complex projects, requiring management of medium-term and long-term timeframes, financials, major resources, third party suppliers, and project and service deliverables (5 years)
- Experienced delivery agent with specific experience of delivering to clients directly and delivery of significant and/or time critical products as part of major programmes. Typically experienced in the development of complex plans and management of multi-disciplinary teams to deliver against them
- Ability to have the robust/difficult conversations with customer, third party suppliers and stakeholders
- Seeks innovative ways to expand the business scope of projects and to manage the cost base
- Demonstrable experience and capability in the delivery of projects requiring the collaboration with large project teams with multiple elements on a cross discipline and/or multi-supplier basis
- Expert understanding of concepts, procedures and application of project management. Brings this knowledge to ensure reuse and best practice across projects
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information. Agile and able to adapt solutions for projects that may require some new planning and resource elements, potentially generating bespoke adaptations
- Delivers projects to contracted service levels and within defined financial targets whilst maintaining and developing customer satisfaction
- Tenacious, collaborative and well organised, possesses gravitas amongst other technical experts, with excellent written and communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Scott Fitzgerald on 03 8628 2192 for a confidential discussion.