Location Brisbane CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ashlee Swanson
Date posted 12 September 2018 2018-09-122018-10-12 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This Queensland government department has a focus on improving the lives of Queenslander's through delivering world-class services to people at every stage of life. Based in the Brisbane CBD, you will be reporting to the Director, ICT Project Services, Enterprise, Technology Services, and the Information and Technologies Branch. This project will give you the opportunity to be responsible for providing enterprise level solutions and offering advice to senior managers within government.
As the Network Designer, you will:
- Provide solutions at enterprise and school level, including provision of advice to senior managers.
- Undertake active equipment design, using templates and pre-defined standards for ICT requirements, encompassing voice and data.
- Undertake activities with emphasis on LAN active equipment to support voice and data solutions, including;
- limited research
- requirements analysis
- solution design
- scope of work development and handover
- systems planning
- customer relationship management
- Undertake the development and implementation of new/improved processes, practices, standards, policies and/or systems through the provision of specialist expertise.
- Provide timely and appropriate information and recommendations to support high quality decision making.
- Consult with clients and customers, including schools, regional and central office staff and technical officers for minor projects.
- Provide the interface between customers and technical specialists to ensure business requirements are understood and can be met.
- Lead, or make significant contributions toward, the design of the agreed scope of work and collaborate with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.
- Prepare plans, approaches and timeframes for the delivery of new ICT policies, standards and solutions, and ensure their effective and efficient implementation.
- Liaise effectively with project management teams, by actively participating in all phases, to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Contribute to the development of documentation in relation to ICT policies, standards and guidelines.
- Actively promote sound ICT practices across the department.
- Assist Project Managers in the delivery of projects.
- Networking Topologies - LAN, WAN and WLAN
- Routing and switching
- F5 Infrastructure
- Juniper Infrastructure
- HP Wireless and Switching
- HP iMC, Statseeker, Compuware, SNMP toolsets
- CISCO suite - Routers, switches, wireless, WAN acceleration and CISCO Prime
- Web security and WAN optimisation solutions (e.g. Blue Coat Systems)
- Australian telecommunications cabling standards
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Data Solutions
To apply please click apply or call Ashlee Swanson on +61 7 30322231 for a confidential discussion.