Microsoft Services Engineer
Salary inclusive of super
Consultant Simon Ngin
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-11-17 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A large enterprise organisation with a growing IT function is searching for an experienced Microsoft Services Engineer to join their team in Melbourne. The ideal candidate will be an SME for all Microsoft related technologies, capable of demonstrating deep technical knowledge and align well with business objectives. You will provide expert BAU support across a broad technical environment.
- Manage production systems availability to meet or exceed agreed SLAs.
- Manage test and development systems availability to agreed SLAs.
- Provide 3rd level support for infrastructure incidents.
- Ensure the health of the IT environment is always maintained.
- Diagnose and resolve technical incidents of varying complexities in an effective manner.
- Remain technically proficient across a range of changing technologies.
- Assist with Ad-hoc project work as required.
- Work effectively as part of the broader team.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar operational client facing role.
- A relevant IT degree or qualification.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server platforms, TCP/IP networking including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Polices.
- Proficient hardware knowledge (IBM, HP, Dell standalone or Blade system).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with VMWare virtualization technologies.
- Powershell scripting abilities.
- An understanding of Data Warehousing and ILM principles.
- CI/CD understanding is desirable (Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef).
To apply please click apply or call Simon Ngin on +61 3 86282156 for a confidential discussion.