Systems Administrator - Security Focused
Consultant Helen Brady
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-05 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
Join this global company as a Systems Administrator for a two month contract position. In order to be successful for this position, you'll be experienced in security administration. You will need to be able to start immediately and work in Brisbane CBD.
The Systems Administrator is required to assist with ensuring continuous availability of IT services by effectively identifying system requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring system performance for medium complexity systems.
- Upgrade McAfee DLP appliances
- Complete some Windows hardening policies
- Plan, select, configure and test server hardware, software, local area network and wide area networks and install, configure and upgrade servers according to policy and system requirements.
- Install, configure and upgrade new and existing application software and recommend the changes to the system including upgrading of software.
- Create and maintain user accounts by determining and verifying access requirements.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning and identify problems and offer potential solutions.
- Configure a secure system by planning, coordinating and implementing network security measures.
- Resolve Level 3 incidents and service requests.
Skills & Experience:
- System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Active Directory management
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and above
- Windows 7 & 10
- ITIL service management
- Splunk and McAfee
- Knowledge of firewall and VPN technologies
Please note: You must be available to start immediately in order to be considered for this position.
To apply please click apply or call Helen Brady on 07 3032 2281 for a confidential discussion.