Group Chief Information Officer
Consultant Giuseppe Nasca
Date posted 26 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Indigenous Land Corporation (ILC) is an independent Commonwealth statutory authority established to provide economic, environmental, social and cultural benefits for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders by assisting in the acquisition and management of an Indigenous land base.
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Group Chief Information Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing information technology initiatives. You will be tasked to direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development. As the Group Chief Information Officer you will also be responsible for all aspects of the organisation’s information technology and systems as required by the Group ILC portfolio.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the Executive Management Team you will participate in the strategic and operational governance processes
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritising IT initiatives, coordinating evaluation to include the deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the ILC Group
- Develop and maintain the IT organisational structure that supports the needs across the ILC Group
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets
- Develop business case justifications and cost / benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
Your key requirements for this position will include:
- Completion of a post-graduate degree / Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Business Administration
- A Masters Degree in one of these fields is preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing and directing an IT operation
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting and business office operations
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications and outsourced systems
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- High levels of strategic planning and execution with proven leadership ability
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
To apply please click apply or call Giuseppe Nasca on 08 8216 3508 for a confidential discussion.