Data Science Analytics Engineer
Location Brisbane CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ashlee Swanson
Date posted 6 September 2018 2018-09-062018-10-05 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Incredible and rare opportunity for a Data Science Analytics Engineer to join a leading global security and defence company to work on a image analytics development project. This organisation provides thrilling opportunity for the right candidate with Software Data Science and Analytics skills to work on one of the most exciting projects in Australia in Autonomous Systems, Geo-Data Analytics.
The successful Data Science Analytics Engineer will perform highly skilled algorithm and software development, using scientific processes and systems to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms. Working with either structured or unstructured forms to allow data-driven decision-making from emerging systems that generate and consume large amounts of sensing data from autonomous vehicles to digital pathology.
- Strong Object Oriented Design C++, and Python skills, working to software sprints using Agile, software requirements analysis and specification, functional analysis, software design and development, software integration and test.
- Sound experience at developing scientific processes and systems to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms, either structured or unstructured, using data analysis fields such as (but not limited to) statistics, machine learning, signal processing, computer vision, pattern recognition and data mining, and/or predictive analytics.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, formulate technical plans and decompose high level guidance into value add prototyping requirements and capabilities.
- Domain knowledge in imagery analysis, video analysis, and mathematical optimisation.
- Developing, documenting and reviewing the software and user interface designs and working effectively with third party vendors to integrate with existing functionality.
- Familiarity with geospatial systems, standards and data formats is desired.
- Preferably doctorate tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering and/or Computer Science, but other relevant tertiary qualifications will be considered
To apply please click apply or call Ashlee Swanson on +61 7 30322231 for a confidential discussion.