Health Project Manager
Salary AUD130 - AUD155 per annum + Development & Progression
Consultant Sharna Barrett
Date posted 21 September 2016
An evolving Health enterprise is upgrading and introducing new and innovative Health Applications across a wide spectrum of hospitals within Australia. My client is seeking a technical Project Manager who has a depth of experience in managing the end to end project lifecycle of clinical applications to include Patient Administration Systems, Electronic Medical Records and improvements to health tools and services available Nationally within Australia to both patient and health professionals.
Unique Opportunity for a Healthcare Project Manager based in Sydney, to join one of Australia's well recognised, fast-paced health organisation. Successfully lead the Patient Management Team within the Clinical Application Support Team to provide support for eMR users and PAS Solutions across Australia.
Responsibilities to include:
- Operational supervision and professional development for a team of a Project Delivery team
- Provide direction and strategy for the support of the Patient Management modules of the Cerner eMR system that is used by hundreds of hospitals within Australia.
- Ensure the team continues to enhance and develop the application to meet the end user and executive requirements
- Escalation contact for eMR production support issues such as critical incident management - requiring high level problem solving, prioritisation, communication and negotiation skills on a daily basis
- Development and implementation of operational work procedures and quality control review processes to support and improve the eMR support model
- Development of work plans, project schedules, strategic documents, representation at steering and implementation committees for ongoing projects and implementations. Recent implementations include Non-Admitted Patient Activity Based Funding (NAP ABF) and Powerbilling projects
Deliverables to include:
- Leading the timely specification, configuration, testing, integration, implementation and training of the Patient Management and Billing stream solution
- Ensuring the PAS, Scheduling and Billing stream of work is delivered in accordance with the project schedule and quality plan
- Leveraging expertise in PAS and Scheduling to provide advice on operational decisions relating to the PAS and Scheduling stream of the electronic medical records
- Management and leadership of the members of the PAS Management /Business Integration stream
- Continuous Innovation and exceeding the expectations of patients their families and staff
- Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) is highly favourable (but not essential)
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree e.g. Prince 2 or PMBOK
- At least 2-3 + years experience in project management and experience of managing IT application projects within a Healthcare/Clinical industry.
- Technical Skill Requirements: experience with EMR and PAS implementations, software applications and digital applications. - Within a Healthcare industry
- Previous experience delivering PAS Clinical, Health Care, medical application solutions
To apply please click apply or call Sharna Barrett on +61 2 8289 3132 for a confidential discussion.