Business Project Manager
Salary Long Term Program
Consultant Sharna Barrett
Date posted 16 November 2016
In this role you will be providing strategy, direction and leadership to a number of program, portfolio and project managers whilst ensuring all project governance, frameworks and methodologies are maintained. This is not a technology IT focused position but a business focused opportunity.
My client has an opportunity for a seasoned Business Project Manager who has a holistic view of Project Management and an ability to get in and get that job done. You will be managing the fundamentals of 101 project management day to day to ensure the risks, issues, financial reporting, business case proposals are meeting the demands of the senior management team.
In this exciting opportunity, you will be delivering and managing the Transformation Program, further improving the organisational business structure. This position will require the candidate to work closely with internal and external managers to develop a strong understand of the business context. You will need to be flexible in adapting to change and build plans to help consolidate the change.
- Lead multiple projects and provide support and coaching to ensure the successful delivery of the project outcomes.
- Ability to ensure that the delivery phases of the project is met within the designated time-frame and budgets
- Effective communication methods to ensure project reporting and the project status is clearly communicated across to all stakeholders in the business.
- Identify the key objectives and provide updates on the project schedule.
- Ensuring objectives of the program is in alignment with the agenda
- Escalate issues and risks that may occur and resolve accordingly.
- Prepare scope and business cases for more ambiguous or complex projects including cost and resource impacts
- Access key subject-matter expert knowledge to inform project plans and directions
- Implement effective stakeholder engagement and communications strategy for all stages of projects
- Monitor the completion of projects and implement effective and rigorous project evaluation methodologies to inform future planning
- Develop effective strategies to remedy variances from project plans, and minimise impacts
- Manage transitions between project stages and ensure that changes are consistent with organisational goals
- 10 years experience in Project Management
- Experience within enterprise level companies and proven success in the delivery of the project management for the business
- Insurance, health-care, financial services experience sought after
- Hands-on project manager who gets the job done
- Holistic view of project delivery across a number of business units
- Strong communication skills with a natural ability to report information effortlessly to stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to the business
- Knowledge and understanding of change management fundamentals
- Ability to managing difficult or challenging stakeholders or vendors by having a core understanding of adaptive emotional intelligence approaches with both communicating and leadership
To apply please click apply or call Sharna Barrett on +61 2 8289 3132 for a confidential discussion.