Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Ashlee Swanson
Date posted 25 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A rapidly growing, global game-changer providing cutting edge recording and transcription technology to courts in Australia and the UK. Through significant government contracts and a number of strategic acquisitions, this company has been supremely successful in their growth plans. You will be responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance, development and optimisation of the group infrastructure; consisting of On-Premise and cloud based services in AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Requirements of the role:
- Facilitating configuration installing, support and maintenance of the groups infrastructure; including but not limited to, Microsoft Enterprise stack, Amazon Web Services and various business applications.
- Develop processes to maximise infrastructure performance, troubleshooting problems and outages that arise, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with the infrastructure team members, and vendors on infrastructure optimisation.
- Design system configurations, directing system installations, defining and documenting system standards according to industry best practices.
- Liaise with the groups service providers for infrastructure changes/expansion and the enhancement of systems, ensuring that the services charged are correct and accurate.
- Take ownership of system infrastructure incidents and problems to resolution, recording actions with the helpdesk system.
- Create and implement root cause investigations in to system incidents and outages, completing post incident reports using information from multiple sources.
- Manage and document groups infrastructure, plus risks, issues and outages.
- Assist in the development of project plans and help in obtaining user agreement, progressing tasks and participating in project review meetings.
- Share knowledge and proactively assist colleagues with supporting the groups IT services, both inside and outside of core business hours if required.
- Complete duties as directed by the Infrastructure Manager and General Manager of IT.
Skills and experience:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell for IT and business process automation configuration management using Microsoft
- Configuration Manager and PowerShell DSC, including application management, software update deployment, operating system deployment and task sequence design
- Knowledge and experience of the AWS platform, including EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, VPC, CloudWatch, best practice security design, elastic load balancers and auto scaling
- Experience with Google G Suite and/or Office 365
- Understanding of the DevOps framework and continuous integration
- Microsoft - MCSA or higher or equivalent
To apply please click apply or call Ashlee Swanson on +61 7 30322231 for a confidential discussion.