Consultant Dhwanee Mehta
Date posted 6 September 2018 2018-09-062018-10-06 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As a data engineer, you will design, construct, test and maintain data pipeline to pull together information from different source systems.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Analyse new and existing data sources to assess their applicability to address the business issue
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and subsequently cleanse, standardise, scale, bin, categorise, tokenise, stem and transform its order to get the data into a state suitable for further analysis
- Create custom software components and analytics applications.
- Install and update disaster recovery procedures
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with data scientists to determine what data is needed for analysis
- Proven experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark Streaming, Storm, NiFi, HBase, Hive, MapReduce, Pig, Zeppline Notebooks, Kafka, Ranger, Ambari.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, MatLab, Ruby, SAS, R, SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL), NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Exposure to Machine learning is beneficial but not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect.
To apply please click apply or call Dhwanee Mehta on +61 2 82893137 for a confidential discussion.