Big Data Developer
Consultant Dhwanee Mehta
Date posted 7 September 2018 2018-09-072018-10-07 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As a Big Data Developer, you will design, develop and implement analytical solutions that typically involve a combination of analytical, process and business transformation outcomes. You will also focus on other areas of the business such as customers, product and supply chain, just to name a few.
- Analyse new and existing data sources to assess the applicability to address the business issue
- Determine whether a given problem can be usefully addressed with analytical techniques and, if so, what further information or data is required to make this possible.
- Use discovery tools to perform descriptive analytics to support business case development.
- Design, develop and implement optimization algorithms and solutions in areas that might include asset and inventory management, communications, channels, risk and portfolio analysis and supply chain management.
- Design, develop and implement predictive analytical models for areas such as customer segmentation, market basket analysis, offer propensity, demand planning & forecasting, fraud detection, inventory management and risk exposure.
- Translate analytical solution outcomes in the context of business impacts and benefits.
- A proven ability to extract knowledge, or insight from structured and structure data
- Experience with a range of Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark Streaming, Storm, NiFi, HBase, Hive, Zeppline Notebooks, Kafka, Ranger, Ambari
- Experience with a range of programming languages: Java, Python, Scala
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
To apply please click apply or call Dhwanee Mehta on +61 2 82893137 for a confidential discussion.