Lead GIS Specialist
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + Bonus
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Lenka Kellert
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-07 property-and-housing Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Mirvac https://www.mirvac.com/
Mirvac is a leading, diversified Australian property group (ASX 50), with an integrated development and asset management capability. Mirvac has more than 40 years of experience in the property industry and an unmatched reputation for delivering superior products and services across our businesses.
As the GIS subject matter expert, you will be providing effective support to the business. This role is responsible for building a Location Intelligence capability within Mirvac using spatial datasets or data with location elements.
The role will involve creating, administering and maintaining innovative geospatial solutions that help the Group better understand location demand and supply drivers, as well as best position Mirvac as an expert on locations and a thought leader in the urban environment.
- Work with the Group research team, Business Units and New Business teams to understand how geospatial solutions can provide insights and solutions to problems
- Meet with data providers including government, other open-source providers and private retailers of data to provide Mirvac with an understanding of cost/benefit of data
- Take ownership of the internal GIS capability
- Work with Business Units, and Business Intelligence teams to help Mirvac (where required) bring in externally stored data to increase internal insight and capability through a location intelligence platform
- Work with the internal team to develop applications to gain insight into spatial data
- 5+ years of experience with Geospatial projects and data
- Proven experience working with common GIS packages (ESRI, MapInfo, QGIS or others)
- Experience with Carto tool is highly regarded, but not a must
- Experience working with big data sets, delivering reports and present them to high level stakeholders
- Experience with common databases such as SQL
- Experience in process automation utilising spatial data
All the applications must be submitted through Robert Walters - who is managing the recruitment process.
No solution providers please.
To apply please click apply or call Lenka Kellert on +61 2 8289 3133 for a confidential discussion.