Senior Data Engineer
Salary Competitive Salary Package
Consultant Remy Leroy
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-08 2019-05-08 it Melbourne Victoria AU AUD 140000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Our client requires a Data Engineer to lead the building of their centralised Data Lake and Data Integration capabilities. This end-to-end project will require the chosen candidate to provide overall solution ownership, while coordinating a technical internal team and maintaining external stakeholder expectations.
• Work with Business customers and/or Business Analyst(s) to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in-order to establish system requirements
• Lead system/application design including production of system and program documentation as well as ongoing maintenance
• Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems.
• Undertake unit/system testing activities in relation to software solutions ensuring that quality meets agreed specifications/requirements
• Achieve key milestone stages in terms of quantity, timing and quality of all aspects of work allocated
• Create development and support documentation and provide advice regarding applications to enable support functions to operate effectively
• Contribute to the review and redesign of processes or procedures, on an ongoing basis, to deliver improved system productivity or efficiency.
• Resolve production incidents (through diagnosis, testing & applying fix) for assigned application/s
Skills and Technologies Required:
• Expert-level skills in AWS and Informatica Products (Big Data Management, PowerCenter, Enterprise Data Catalog, Data Quality and Axon)
• Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL tools
• Experience with a leading Hadoop distribution system such as EMR or Hortonworks or Cloudera (EMR is preferable)
• Strong understanding of data modelling, physical schema properties, triggers, and stored procedures
• Experience with development of logical and physical database schemas, stored procedures, interfaces (in Java or XML), and extensions to customer solutions
• Experience developing conceptual and physical solution architectures for solutions incorporating heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
• Actively work alone or with a team to design, develop, test and provide support to solutions for projects
• Professional data integration and warehousing experience, preferably with a large systems integration firm or for an enterprise software services arm
• Experience designing and deploying in a Services Oriented Architecture and/or an Events Driven Architecture
• Agile Development
• Coaching / mentoring experience
To apply please click apply or call Remy Leroy on +61 3 86282152 for a confidential discussion.