Database Administrator / Developer
Location West PerthFULL_TIME
Consultant Clint Davies
Date posted 6 May 20192019-05-06 2019-06-05 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
This is a permanent opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator / Developer to join a fast paced risk management and software solutions provider to global clients. This role will be located in Perth CBD reporting into the Data Architect. You will be working to expand existing product lines and develop innovative new business opportunities with your working day split with 50% DataBase Admin and 50% Development.
You will be working in an experienced team along side other DBA's performing database administration tasks, developing code and writing operational scripts for everything from data migrations to deploying application builds in an agile and supportive environment.
- Support database life-cycle, from design and implementation to operation and evolution.
- Produce database code in SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL and PostgreSQL
- Support other teams - Development, Test, Design and Support - on all things database including database design, query optimisation, problem resolution in support, assisting with implementation projects, developing systems integration solutions and contributing to the design/architecture of new application features.
- Ensure the resilience and resource optimisation of database services.
- Perform high availability and disaster recovery measures in RMAN and produce and maintain adequate documentation.
- Essential this role will be split 50% DataBase Admin and 50% Development
- Commercial experience administering Oracle databases and in Oracle development delivering solutions to private and public enterprises.
- 5 plus years experience in a similar DBA or Developer role
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar.
- Exposure to Oracle RAC or Statpack highly desirable
- SQL Server / PostgreSQL experience
- Experience with data warehousing, source control tools and concepts
- Ability to work on numerous projects in an agile environment.
- Linux operating system and shell scripting
This is a secure forward thinking permanent opportunity with a competitive salary package, family friendly working environment and the opportunity to tackle challenging problems and paths for career progression.
To apply please click apply or call Clint Davies on 08 9266 0900 for a confidential discussion.