Graduate Software Engineer
Location Inner Suburbs PerthCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 13 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-12 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Our client is a well established mining IT software solutions firm, assisting a range of domestic and internationally based clients with software solutions for various sites. This role will see you engaged in improving your skills in software development, as well as components of client facing activities. The working environment has a heavy focus on mentoring, this would be a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to secure an entry level role within the fast paced IT industry.
- Work within an Agile team to collaboratively analyse, design, code, & test.
- Take an active part in iteration/release planning, daily stand up meetings and collaborative design and analysis sessions.
- Deliver Object Oriented code within a Microsoft centric environment.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop business applications.
- Follow documented development standards and produce and maintain quality code.
- Conduct unit testing to ensure quality.
- Utilise modern software development methodologies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science.
- A passion for software engineering and/or data.
- Proven experience following coding principles.
- Drive and hunger for a career working with innovative software solutions.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server databases (essential).
- Demonstration of knowledge in SOLID OO design principles and software design patterns.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
It would be advantageous if you had the following:
- A portfolio of work available for review either in working solutions or available via Github.
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies.
- Relevant software development certifications.
- Exposure to mining software technologies.
To apply please click apply or call Ryan Faulds on +61 8 92660940 for a confidential discussion.