Principle Engineer - Mobile
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD210,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Zac Wuersching
Job Ref 1699770/001
Date posted 1 June 2022melbourne information-technology/software-development-testing-and-engineering 2022-06-01 2022-07-01 banking Melbourne CBD Victoria 395 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000 AU 3000 AUD 180000 210000 210000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client's organisation features an amazing culture that promotes growth, curiosity as well as prioritising ones wellbeing.
With a focus on delivering exceptional outcomes and pushing the limits of expectations, this company provides the possibility to both demonstrate and develop your talents.
About the role
The role reports directly to the Head of Technology – Single Digital Platform. This role is a key leadership role providing technical guidance across a growing team that has now built up over 70 staff. This involves working closely with architects, solution designers, business analysts, product owners, user experience designers, quality engineers and engineering managers within an agile delivery environment to create great applications. This role requires someone who has exceptional communication skills and is able to foster an environment of welcoming new ideas and collaborating.
What you will do
- Establish a team strategy and lead the team towards this target state, continually improving the Development and Continuous Integration capabilities.
- Working with solution engineers to provide input into the design for any feature or application that the mobile service supports.
- Working with business analysts, and user experience designers to ensure requirements are clear whilst offering technical input into the requirements process
- Coaching and mentoring of other engineers to uplift service capability and cross-skill individuals over time.
- Technical design and coding of all mobile applications and microservices.
- Continuous technical uplift and knowledge sharing with others including presentations to internal colleagues and external meet-ups/conferences.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid technical background as an engineer within React Native Core components.
- A solid technical background as an engineer within object-oriented program C++.
- A solid technical background as an engineer within iOS & Android mobile development (Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin).
- Experience in developing and designing frameworks.
- Experience working with diverse teams from development, testing, security, architecture, infrastructure to business and management.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Zac Wuersching on 03 8628 2143 for a confidential discussion.