Senior Citrix Engineer
Salary AUD600 - AUD800 per day
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Holly Copley
Date posted 24 November 2016
Our Government Client is looking for a Senior System Engineer to act as Team lead to assist in a large Citrix Desktop Migration project
The successful Senior System Engineer will act as a subject matter expert for best practice in desktop and application virtualisation, contribute to the migration planning, process and tool selection and support migration projects in on-boarding customers to the new environment to ensure the success of the program.
- Responsible for assisting the project manager and solution architect in obtaining technical requirements
- Provide technical guidance to assist the project manager and solution architect in running the project as required
- Work with the solution architect to develop and document migration process
- Migrate users onto WaaS
- Provide 2nd level support to migrated users as required during the pilot phase
- Provide feedback for solution and process improvements and work with solution architect to implement them
- Complete any Business Engagement and technical discovery activities required during planning and preparation phases.
- Minimum of 6-8 years Engineer experience with Virtual desktop solutions
- Strong experience in Citrix XenApp Server & other Citrix technologies particularly in the areas of administration, application deployment and operational support.
- Strong Windows administration and networking experience in a large and complex environment.
- Good background, skills and knowledge with Windows Server management technologies, including: SCCM 2007\2012, SCOM
- Good knowledge and experience in Active Directory with focus on group policy, AD groups and computer management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience using ITIL compliant helpdesk applications.
- Scripting skills and experience.
- Good documentation & troubleshooting skills
To apply please click apply or call Holly Copley on 02 8289 3100 for a confidential discussion.