Salary AUD70000 - AUD90000 per annum
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Sean Canning
Date posted 22 February 2017
Due to our growing Cloud services business, A global ICT company is looking to hire a Network Engineer. An opportunity exists within the Sydney based Managed Services Network Team, this is ideal position for a mid-level Network Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years' experience working in an enterprise or a NOC environment, working on predominately tickets within an ITIL framework. Must have Australian citizenship in order to obtain a baseline clearance, which is a requirement for this role.
A global fortune 500 company, based in Sydney CBD is currently searching for a mid level network engineer.
Joining a sucessful network team which is an integral part of the technical engineering and operations community as a core of the managed services offering.
- Predominately working on tickets within an ITIL framework
- Build, implement and deliver network projects and solutions based on business and customer requirements
- Respond to work requests or take initiative to process changes to the network so that it operates more efficiently. This could involve repairing, improving, upgrading or extending functionality of the network.
- Proactively contribute to and assist with development of automation and orchestration for physical and virtual network appliances.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments with limited supervision
- Follow ITIL and customer change management processes.
- Manage day-to-day operational activities involving implementation and support of production networks and security components across multiple customer solutions.
- Ensure that tickets are dealt with in a timely manner, and that the relevant SLAs are met with regards to changes and incidents.
- Respond to incidents with a view to minimising downtime and customer impact
Applicants must also have Australian citizenship in order to obtain a baseline clearance, which is a requirement for this role.
- Information Security Skills:
- Ability to navigate through JunOS from configuration to basic operational commands
- Ability to create security policies on Juniper SRX
- Exposure to Cisco ASA
- Exposure to IPSEC on IOS
- Exposure to IVE
Routing & Switching Skills
- Ability to configure interfaces on Cisco IOS
- Ability to configure route-maps/prefix-lists on Cisco IOS
- Ability to configure routing protocols on IOS
- Ability to configure basic switching on Cisco IOS [vlan's / trunks/ports]
- Ability to configure interfaces on Juniper EX
- Ability to configure interfaces on Juniper EX & QFP devices
- Ability to configure policies on Juniper JunOS
- Ability to configure routing protocols on Juniper JunOS
- Exposure to Cumulus Linux and Arista EOS is also desirable