Virtualisation Team Leader
Salary AUD140,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + bonus, flexible work environment
Consultant Meghan Donnithorne
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-13 it Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 140000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
Based in Sydney CBD, the Virtualisation Team Leader will join a high performing team for a well known managed service provider. As a Technical Team Leader, your role will be to mentor the cloud infrastructure operations team and act as a final escalation point for complex issues as well as bridging the gap to the business and working with the Operations Manager on priority one incident reporting.
Leveraging your expertise in infrastructure operations, this role is diverse in nature supporting hybrid cloud environments. It would be an ideal position for the senior subject matter expert (SME) looking to progress their skills, or for an aspiring manager.
- Provide a high level of advice and technical input on service reviews and customer strategies for environment improvement
- Technical troubleshooting with an emphasis on VMware technologies and widows server infrastructure
- Coach and develop team members (level 3) based in the Sydney CBD
- Work with the service operations manager to provide an efficient approach to technical issues
- Work with operations manger to ensure maximum efficient resource utilisation
- Monitor daily operations of the cloud team including support with roster management.
- Continuously review and improve existing processes for managing service levels
- Central point of customer contact for technical communications and escalations
- 5 + years experience as a subject matter expert in an enterprise infrastructure role including technical capability across hybrid cloud environments and windows server infrastructure layer.
- VCP certification - desirable
- Experience working within an enterprise operations team
- Strong understanding of managed service SLA's and commercial acumen to ensure delivery of work to best practice standards
- Strong customer focused attitude with excellent phone manner and customer communication skills
- Attitude to deliver value to customers, commitment to training, developing and inspiring the team in line with the corporate values and standards
An attractive salary, mentoring, bonus, flexibility and most importantly a great work culture are a few of the perks for this role.
To apply please click apply or call Meghan Donnithorne on +61 2 8289 3141 for a confidential discussion.