Linux Systems Engineer
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Holly Copley
Date posted 21 November 2016
A leading Government organisation requires a Linux Systems Engineer to help improve and manage the infrastructure for their internal environments.
• Involvement with the design and implementation of the IT infrastructure with an emphasis on performance, scalability, availability, recovery, security, and DR initiatives.
• Administer and maintain Linux Servers running on physical and virtual environment. (VMWare & Oracle VM)
• Automation of regular operational tasks using configuration management tools or custom scripts.
• Ensure that all Linux servers are up to date with OS patches and security vulnerabilities on a monthly basis.
• Support & Maintenance of Windows server and user desktop environments.
• Manage and maintain load balancer configurations for various applications.
• Maintain and update server documentation and password changes in secret server.
• Extensive Red Hat Linux experience (builds, customization, performance tuning, design & implementation of solutions etc.)
• Knowledge & experience working with Cisco network infrastructure.
• Exposure operating in a live production environment with exposure to developers is beneficial.
• Banking, financial services (or similar) industry experience.
• Relevant certifications (e.g. RHCE, RHCA etc.)
• Automation experience (Perl, PowerShell, Chef etc.)
To apply please click apply or call Holly Copley on 02 8289 3100 for a confidential discussion.