IT Technical Trainer
Location North Shore
Consultant Rebecca Martin
Date posted 2 December 2016
Robert Waters has an exciting opportunity for an IT Technical Trainer to join Saint Ignatius College Riverview on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Saint Ignatius’ College, Riverview is a leading independent non-selective boy’s school situated on Sydney’s North Shore. Established in 1880, the College consists of two campuses located on 45 hectares of land. The mission of the College is to provide an all-round education. Their ICT department inspires and is passionate about providing professional development and support for ICT initiatives that enhance the quality, delivery and effectiveness of teaching, learning and administration at the College. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is a powerful tool for learning and at Riverview they focus on using ICT tools embedded in best practice of teaching and learning to meet present and future learning needs for all students.
Saint Ignatius College Riverview is a leading independent non-selective boy’s school nestled on Sydney’s North Shore in Lane Cove.
As the IT Technical Trainer you will take responsibility for the planning and running of face to face training sessions to all members of staff. This will include the introduction of new technologies as well as training on existing technologies.
Reporting into the Head of Technology and Innovation, you will play a key part of the school’s ICT team working in a fast-paced but rewarding environment. You will have the ability to respond quickly and will need strong organisation and time management skills.
You will be exposed to a wide range of technologies including Mac and Windows operating systems, telephony systems and learning management systems. While this is a demanding position you be rewarded and challenged on daily basis. You won’t be just a number but a highly valued employee, working in a friendly team with a fantastic organisational culture.
As the IT Technical Trainer you will have great working hours of Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm. The company has on-site car parking facilities, discounted canteen, gym facilities and 6 weeks annual leave.
As the IT Technical Trainer you will:
- Plan, develop and run ongoing ICT training sessions for approximately 500 teaching staff
- Provide 2nd level technical support
- Introduce and train on new technology
- Review existing technology
- Deliver ICT training orientation for new staff
- Support and facilitate use of technology in the classroom
- Engage with the Head of Faculties
- Review and teach best practice to staff
- Assist with documentation and provide regular reports
As the IT Technical Trainer you will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years in a similar role
- Strong experience with technical support
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To apply please click apply or call Rebecca Martin on 02 8423 1022 for a confidential discussion.