Corporate Associate/ Senior Associate 2-6 PQE
Consultant Emma Linden
Date posted 8 August 20192019-08-08 2019-09-07 legal Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will work across a range of areas including public and private M&A, private equity, equity capital raisings; advisory and regulatory matters. You will work across international corporations, financial institutions and governments who need advice on local, regional and international legal matters.
About the Organisation:
This leading global law firm are experiencing an exciting stage of growth with particular focus on their Corporate Practice. This area of the firm is known for its technical excellence, true global reach and impressive industry knowledge.
The firm have offices in over 40 locations around the globe including Asia Pacific, the UK, United States, the Middle East and Latin America. They are seeking to hire a full time Corporate Lawyer in their Sydney CBD office. You will report directly to the Sydney team whilst being part of the wider Australian and Global Corporate Practice. This is a truly international firm with international opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include:
This full-time role in the modern Sydney CBD office will see you work on a variety of corporate transactional issues. You will work across a range of areas including public and private M&A, private equity, equity capital raisings; advisory and regulatory matters.
You will work across international corporations, financial institutions and governments who need advice on local, regional and international legal matters.
Your Key duties will include:
• Advise clients on various deal structures
• Reviewing any material agreements that will assist in calculating risk
• Following appropriate due diligence policies
• Preparing and drafting appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings
• Evaluating potential business arrangements and their commerciality
• Negotiating agreements on behalf of clients
• Guidance on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legislative requirements both locally and internationally.
Key Skills and Requirements:
• Corporate experience from a top-tier / mid-tier firm
• At least 2-6 years of Post Qualification Experience
• Solid understanding of the corporate advisory, private M&A and private equity sectors
• Experience working in the energy & resources sector (with a focus on oil, gas and mining)
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Commercially astute
• Ability to quickly solve issues
• Competitive remuneration
• Good working environment
• Loyalty and commitment to our greatest asset – our staff
• Opportunity to grow with and within a stable, multi-national company
To apply please click apply or call Emma Linden on 02 8289 3168 for a confidential discussion.