Senior Associate (Corporate M&A/ECM)
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This international top-tier firm is looking to hire a Senior Associate to work with two highly regarded corporate Partners. An excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to work for one of Australia's leading corporate practices.
The firm is one of the most recognisable legal brands across the globe. With a presence in almost every major jurisdiction, the firm has a truly global reach and considers some of the world's largest companies among its key clients.
In Australia, there is little doubt that the firm's corporate group is one of the best performing units across the country. The firm's Partners are widely renowned as pre-eminent industry experts and have access to the best corporate work in the market. The Partners are also heavily invested in training, developing and mentoring their junior lawyers and Senior Associates.
This position sits within the firm's corporate group and reports into two Partners who are very much at the peak of their powers and widely known across the Sydney market. The work will involve:
- M&A (both public and private);
- ECM work;
- Business development;
- Working closely with clients on complex drafting, advice and negotiation in relation to high profile M&A and privitisation work.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ideally admitted to practise law in Australia or New Zealand, though international candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply;
- At least 5+ PQE, or performing at a Senior Associate level or equivalent;
- Motivated by working in a high-performing team environment where the work produced is of the utmost quality and professionalism;
- Experienced in the relevant areas of law, i.e. M&A, ECM and/or private equity.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.