Vice President / Senior Legal Counsel
Salary attractive bonus
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Bridget Lawler
Date posted 4 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This globally recognised and prominent Financial Services Firm are seeking to expand their Investment Banking team. Private Practice or In-house lawyers who specialise in Equities are encouraged to apply.
About the Client
This dynamic firm is a world leader in the global financial market, providing services including corporate advisory, financing, securities and investment management and other financial services to their broad and well established client base. Their services span both finance and law.
This vacancy sits within the legal team, in the Securities Division. The securities division in Asia includes Equities sales and trading, fixed income, currencies and commodities (FICC) and Private Investor Products Group. This role will be based in Sydney, Australia.
- Provide legal advice and assistance to traders and sales people across legal and regulatory matters related to Equities, including related documents and agreements;
- Advise on regulatory matters impacting the Equities business, both globally and locally;
- Prepare and maintain legal documentation and agreements;
- Liaise with Legal and Compliance personnel at the company and offer assistance on regulatory matters and investigations.
- Admitted as a solicitor of NSW;
- 6+ years PQE;
- Relevant experience in either private practice or as in-house counsel;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Solid understanding of both the ASX and ASIC;
- Ability to demonstrate a firm grounding in securities law and regulation, with a focus on Australia and New Zealand;
- Knowledge of regulatory developments impacting the markets in Asia and Australia;
- Experience in derivatives or international experience will be an advantage.
Culture & Benefits
Well known for highly competitive packages and a market leading bonus structure.
To apply please click apply or call Bridget Lawler on +61 2 82893259 for a confidential discussion.