Consultant Bridget Lawler
Date posted 26 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading financial institution as a Legal Counsel. The role will require you to exercise a broad range of legal skills, within a team based, supportive environment.
This international bank offers a full and extensive range of services to its clients, across several countries and jurisdictions. They pride themselves on having an inclusive, diverse and flexible working environment, where people are able to grow and develop their skills with the help of mentoring.
The role itself sits within the legal group, which plays an integral role in the activities of all of the banks businesses worldwide. You will be responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to the Retail Banking and Wealth Management business, the Human Resources arm and the operations, service and technology function of the business. You will be required to advise on operational strategies and initiatives, regulatory and policy matters, legal risk and reputational management issues.
- 3+ PQE
- Experience at a top-tier law firm and in-house financial experience preferable
- Knowledge and experience of retail banking, corporate and securities law, working knowledge of the Australian banking and financial services legal regime
- Experience with issues arising from digital initiatives favourable
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to work across a broad range of matters from routine to complex
- Strong inter-personal skills
To apply please click apply or call Bridget Lawler on +61 2 82893259 for a confidential discussion.