Legal Counsel, Superannuation (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-02-10 legal Melbourne Victoria AU AUD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer to gain valuable in-house experience with a leading Super Fund. The position will support the General Counsel with Company Secretarial work and focus on the resolution of disputes/complaints in relation to member matters.
About the Company:
An award winning Super Fund with over 20years presence in the in the industry and an attractive Melbourne CBD office. The Super Fund is non-for-profit and managed solely for the benefit of its members and is recognised today as one of Australia's fastest growing Super Funds.
About the Role:
- Provide assistance to the General Counsel & Company Secretary on general governance matters, this may include: maintaining company records, preparing contents and filing of Board and Committee meeting minutes, supporting administration of Board and Committee papers and other ad hoc duties;
- Reviewing, improving, communicating and maintaining dispute resolution process;
- providing analysis on complaints to internal stakeholders;
- Reviewing and responding to escalated general complaints;
- Maintaining a register for and monitoring external dispute resolutions;
- Providing advice on and managing external dispute resolution proceedings;
- Providing legal advice on the interpretation and operation of the group insurance policy and design, identifying weaknesses and recommending remediation where required and
- Providing general commercial contracts advice.
- Minimum 2 years PQE, experience in superannuation or disputes resolution desirable;
- Ability to analyse issues and form considered and reasonable opinions;
- Proficient written and communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and maintain regular tasks and balance competing interests;
- Fantastic time management and organisational skills;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Solution focused with exceptional attention to detail;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity; and
- Willingness to learn, receive feedback and assist others.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.