Legal Counsel - Wealth Products
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-03-13 legal Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
You will be responsible for providing high quality, consistent and commercially relevant legal services to help the Wealth Advice businesses deliver their commercial objectives and manage their risks.
About the Company
One of Australia's Big 4 Banks is offering an opportunity to work with a bank which embraces diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure their workforce is representative of the community it services.
About the Role
- Advising on regulatory and other legal changes and on responses to regulatory investigations.
- Advising on corporate governance, operational and strategic issues, business projects, compliance systems and wider commercial work.
- Proactively identify legal risks and assist in the management of those risks.
- Actively contribute to the development of strategic responses to change within the financial planning industry and lead the execution of the legal deliverables.
- Identify and escalate issues, risks, breaches (and potential breaches) to relevant stakeholders and advise on and assist in the management of those risks.
- Report to and attend governance committees.
- Influence the development of appropriate internal policies and practice.
- Bachelor of Laws qualification and be admitted to Practice as a Barrister or Solicitor of a Supreme Court and hold a current Legal Practicing Certificate
- 5+ years PQE in relevant in-house or private practice teams
- Proven experience in performing a similar role (a track record in financial services and financial planning industry would be an advantage)
- Comfortable operating within and delivering results despite high levels of ambiguity and complexity
- Expert technical competency and experience
- Strategic thinking and pro-active approach
- Agile mindset and focused on continuous improvement
- Strong core skills regarding problem solving and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage external legal counsel
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.