Legal Counsel (Retail Banking)
Consultant Robert Kruger
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-03-27 legal Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 115000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
A rapidly expanding bank is looking for an experienced commercial or retail banking and finance lawyer to join their in-house legal team. This presents as a great opportunity to grow your in-house legal career with an outstanding bank.
About the Company
The bank is one of the first foreign banks in Australia and is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth. The bank offers a wide range of financial services and are seeking an experienced lawyer to join their in-house legal team to support the strategic direction of legal and compliance based on the bank's overall business strategies.
About the Role
- Reviewing and maintaining the bank's home loan agreement templates and ensuring it is up to date with all relevant laws and regulations;
- reviewing and maintaining the bank's home loan terms & conditions and ensuring it is up to date with all relevant laws and regulations;
- Providing legal advice and guidance to all matters related to mortgage conveyancing & settlement;
- Reviewing and negotiating service contracts with aggregators and brokers;
- Providing legal advice and guidance in relation to third-party channel and ensuring legal compliance aspects if any business activities;
- Reviewing home loan application form and all other related documents, ensuring they are compliant with all laws and regulations;
- Reviewing marketing materials and ensuring they are compliant with relevant laws and regulations;
- Providing legal advice and assisting to review business contracts and supporting businesss development opportunities.
- Any other ad hoc legal matters related to the home loan business
- Minimum 5+ PQE experience within commercial banking or retail banking environment;
- Hold a current practicing certificate;
- Proven experience with consumer lending, loan agreement and mortgage conveyancing is a must;
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously;
- Strong analytical & writing skills in Mandarin and English.
To apply please click apply or call Robert Kruger on 02 8289 3230 for a confidential discussion.