Legal Counsel - Financial Markets
Salary Competitive Salary
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Sam Renton
Date posted 29 May 20192019-05-29 2019-06-28 legal Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 120 150 150 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing in-house legal team. You will work on a variety of legal matters within Financial Services. A key focus will be on various trading contracts and any contracts experience is desired.
About the Company
An internationally-recognised trading financial services organisation with a strong presence across the globe is looking for an experience Legal Counsel for their team. They have a strong focus on the latest trading technology and strive to provide clients with the highest quality trading experience available. Due to an ever-expanding client base the organisation is hiring into their dynamic in-house legal team.
Key role responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a range of legal issues across the business. The major focus will be on financial services contracts.
- Proof read documents and contracts pertaining to trading documentation, introducer and referrer agreements, technology and outsourcing agreements, bespoke and hoc agreements, marketing and promotional agreements
- Work on a variety of trading documentation including FX agreements, ISDA & CSA, prime broking agreements
- Identify potential legal risks and liability
- Apply legislative change (e.g. privacy laws, new client, money rules, etc.)
- Prepare board resolutions and minutes of board meetings
- Company secretarial matters
Key role requirements
- Australian or UK qualified with 3-5 years PQE
- Strong contracts experience across any industry
- Preference for those with FS contracts experience such as: FX agreements, ISDA & CSA, prime broking agreements
- Private practise and/or in house exposure to financial markets is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure in a changing environment
Culture & Benefits
This is an opportunity to join a collaborative team working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with a highly competitive salary.
To apply please click apply or call Sam Renton on +61 2 82893154 for a confidential discussion.