Legal Counsel - Regulatory Engagement
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Bridie O'Sullivan
Date posted 29 August 20192019-08-29 2019-09-28 legal Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
In this role you will be responsible for managing regulatory notice responses and requests for information from regulators on behalf of the company. This includes engaging the right stakeholders and ensuring compliance to process, policy and time lines relevant to the Notices.
Your main focus areas will be:
- Regulatory Notices and Requests for Information - end to end project management of the responses on behalf of the company;
- Working collaboratively with Regulatory Engagement team members, data owners, stakeholders (where required), to ensure a complete, accurate and quality signed of response is provided to the regulatory;
- Running regular working/communication sessions with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with the ability to recognise and understand patterns, trends and connections;
- Persuasive & adaptive negotiating/influencing skills;
- Ability to manage at all levels of the organisation, across multiple business units, to ensure stakeholder engagement and input; and
- Capacity to understand, apply and balance statutory, regulatory and commercial requirements within the financial services industry.
- Law degree from a reputable institution
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in compliance, regulatory or legal function in the financial services industry;
- End to end project management of Regulatory Notices in the financial services sector; and
- Knowledge of document management principles and practices is ideal.
To apply please click apply or call Bridie O'Sullivan on +61 2 82893126 for a confidential discussion.