Vice President, Legal Counsel (Global Markets)
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Bridie O'Sullivan
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-27 2019-12-27 legal Sydney New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 180000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading provider of financial services as a legal counsel.
Join the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, with over 26,500 employees worldwide, located in 27 countries. This Vice President, Legal Counsel (Global Markets) position is responsible for providing legal support across the spectrum of Global Markets lines of business in Asia Pacific.
You will be part of the Global Markets team in the region and will be responsible for duties including the following:
• Drafting and negotiating legal contracts and documentation including ISDA/CSA/FX agreements and other related agreements;
• Drafting and negotiating legal contracts for other lines of business within Global Markets (securities lending agreements (e.g. GMSLA, MSLA), client agreements and other related agreements);
• Advising on applicable laws and relevant financial and bank regulations, including ongoing regulatory developments impacting the products and services;
• Reviewing and advising on new products and jurisdictional and platform expansion initiatives, which may include liaising with external counsel;
• Collaborating with peer lawyers in the APAC, US and EMEA regions and other business support functions within the organization (Tax, Risk, Compliance etc), and advising Center of Excellence legal team on their queries;
• Creating, maintaining and managing product templates, guidelines, legal documentation summaries and external legal advice.
• Licensed to practice law in US, UK or other common law jurisdiction with 5+ years of relevant legal experience in law firm and/or in-house position, preferably with experience in APAC jurisdictions (including Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, PRC or Australia);
• Contract negotiations and drafting experience, sophisticated negotiation ability;
• Good understanding of financial regulations and bank regulatory framework;
• Working knowledge of financial concepts (e.g. taking collateral/perfection, enforcement and close-out netting);
• Good interpersonal skills and commercial/practical approach with ability to sustain strong relationships with clients, peers and staff;
• Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization and in multiple jurisdictions;
• Keen understanding of market practice impacting the business lines in the relevant jurisdictions and ability to work with business units to achieve practical solutions within applicable regulatory and risk parameters;
• Based in Australia and potentially required to travel on occasion to support business needs.
To apply please click apply or call Bridie O'Sullivan on +61 2 82893126 for a confidential discussion.