Legal Counsel - Disputes/Litigation
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Phoebe Garrett
Job Ref 809832/001
Date posted 20 July 2022melbourne legal/financial-services 2022-07-20 2022-08-19 banking Melbourne Victoria AU Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will be joining a leading Australian Big Bank with a focus on disputes and litigation within a collaborative and supportive team.
About the Company
The company is a leading bank within Australia with a market leading legal team in all areas of financial services. The company has a strong foundation for great corporate culture with a strong company-wide focus on inclusivity, flexibility and cooperation to ensure the people within the business thrive just as well as their customers.
About the Role
- Management of legal risk, business reputation and exposure to litigation through the provision of high quality, timely, commercially relevant and cost-effective legal services
- Active engagement of major disputes and litigation, with a focus on implementing and driving the companies litigation strategy
- Establishing and maintaining strong and positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external law firms to minimise business disruption caused by disputes and to help the business deliver on its key priorities
- Minimum 3PQE from a well regarded law firm or in-house legal environment
- Experience in dispute resolution and commercial litigation
- Preferably experience in class actions or regulatory investigations
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Phoebe Garrett on 02 8289 3134 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: Attractive Salary PackageLocation: MelbourneDate posted: 20 July 2022
You will be joining a leading Australian Big Bank with a focus on disputes and litigation within a collaborative and supportive team as a Senior Legal Counsel.