Corporate Legal Counsel
Salary Attractive salary package
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 12 September 2016
An opportunity exists for a lawyer with at least 4 years' PQE to join this innovative wealth management organisation. This is an extremely exciting opportunity - attractive salary for the right candidate, dynamic working environment and a long-term in-house prospect.
This company is a multi-billion dollar wealth management organisation with impressive offices located in the Sydney CBD. The company is renowned for its innovative and dynamic culture.
A position is available for a lawyer with at least 4 years' experience to join the legal team, which sits within the risk and compliance function. The core competencies of the role are:
- Providing expert legal advice to the business across the wealth management and financial services industry.
- Serving as a general legal advisor on multiple business transactions.
- General commercial contract drafting and documentation - contracts, NDA's due diligence reports etc.
- Ensuring compliance with any necessary changes in legislation.
- Providing education and training support to the business.
- Engaging and liaising with external legal counsel where necessary.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia.
- At least 4 years' PQE, ideally gained from a top-tier financial services practice or an in-house environment. Some level of in-house experience is preferred.
- A positive and collaborative working attitude.
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
To apply, please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on (02) 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.