In-House Commercial Lawyer (2+ PQE)
Salary Attractive salary package
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 2 November 2016
We are currently working with a global organisation looking for a commercial lawyer to join the team. First movers from law firms as well as canndidates with in-house experience are encouraged to apply.
The company is a global professional services business. They have a legal team of about 15 practitioners and are looking to expand. Their core business focuses on tax, audit and advisory services.
The company's legal team is headed up by a highly regarded General Counsel who has worked for some of the world's largest law firms. The team has an inclusive working culture. The team is responsible for reviewing and drafting a wide range of commercial documents as well as provision of advice in relation to regulatory issues and litigation.
The role sits within the company's in-house legal team. Key responsiblities include:
- General commercial contract drafting and negotiation;
- Ensuring the company stays on top of any regulatory changes;
- Legal research;
- Providing legal advice in relation to the comapny's core business function.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 2 years' post admission experience gained from a reputable top-tier firm, national mid-tier practice or an in-house role with a respected organisation;
- General corporate and commercial experience;
- Strong attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills.