Legal Counsel (6+ PQE)
Salary Attractive package
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 11 November 2016
This leading insurance company is looking for an experienced legal counsel to join their team, initially on a 12 month contract.
Our client is one of Australia’s largest insurance companies. They have a great reputation in the Australian marketplace and have been supporting Australians for well over 70 years. They are looking for a legal counsel to join their team on a 12 month contract.
The company is looking for a legal counsel to join their team. The duties of the legal counsel include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
- Support and advise the company’s internal business units;
- Ensure that the company is up to date with legal and regulatory compliance measures;
- Provide internal training to the business as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales;
- At least 6 years’ post qualification experience gained in private practice or in-house. In-house experience is preferred;
- Strong drafting and communication skills;
- A sound knowledge of the in-house legal space and experience within financial services.
If this role is of interest, please get in touch with Matthew Edwards on (02) 8289 3228.