Senior Commercial Lawyer
Salary AUD180000 - AUD195000 per annum
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Alex Gotch
Date posted 17 November 2016
Global and growing technology services business. The company has a substantial presence in Europe, Asia and AMEA, as well as Australasia. This role covers Australian operations as well as some multi-jurisdictional work on an ad-hoc basis. Report directly into the Head of Legal, who is a strong selling point for the role and company
Global and growing technology services business. The company has a substantial presence in Europe, Asia and AMEA, as well as Australasia. This role covers Australian operations as well as some multi-jurisdictional work on an ad-hoc basis. Report directly into the Head of Legal, who is a strong selling point for the role and company.
- Providing commercial, contractual and legal advice and direction to negotiate and deliver profitable and commercially effective contracts with customers, partners, distributors, and key suppliers
- Managing corporate governance, legislative requirements and ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with trading policy
- To ensure that regulatory requirements in Australasia are clearly understood and to support the APAC Regulatory team in ensuring compliance with those obligations
- With the assistance of external advisors and the AMEA Regulatory team, to provide advice to the local business in respect of standard business regulatory issues, including trading capabilities, product availability and compliance matters
- Managing external lawyers supplying services in Australasia
- Ensuring identification, mitigation and management of commercial, contractual and legal risk for bids, contract negotiations, contracts, product and proposition management.
- Providing local advice in respect of global deals, strategy and product and proposition roll-outs.
- To provide leadership in the development of best practice for commercial transactions, including negotiation strategy, risk management, precedents, templates, training material and know-how.
- Anticipating legal developments relevant to the business, and providing advice on their impact.
- Supporting on-going initiatives (regional and global) to implement operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Core skill-set of commercial/ IT law, ideally also with experience in IP, Data Protection and Corporate matters. Competition law experience useful but not essential
- Additional skills should include strong negotiation, prioritisation, stakeholder management, commercial application and problem-solving skills
- Experienced legal practitioner with appropriate training in private practice/corporate organisations
- Qualified lawyer
To apply please click apply or call Alex Gotch on +61 2 8289 3137 for a confidential discussion.