Junior Legal Counsel (1-3 PQE)
Salary Attractive salary package
Location Macquarie Park
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 24 February 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior commercial lawyer to work in the in-house space. 1-3 PQE. Competitive salary.
The company has its headquarters in Europe and is responsible for the management of a number of reputable and widely-known retail brands. The company has a small legal team in Australia and the successful candidate will be working directly with an experienced General Counsel.
The role supports the General Counsel and is very commercial in scope. The successful candidate will be engaged in work that includes:
- General commerical contract work - reviewing and drafting standard form contracts relevant to the company's core business;
- Working closely with the company's internal business functions, including marketing and advertising, compliance and HR;
- Conducting internal training where necessary;
- Managing external legal counsel.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- Between 1-3 years' experience working at a well-regarded law firm or in a comparable in-house role;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A strong knowledge of commercial contracts;
- A willingness to work closely with the business and engage in business strategy.
If you're interested in this opportunity, get in touch with Matthew Edwards on (02) 8289 3228 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.