Legal Counsel (5+ PQE)
Salary Competitive remuneration
Location Western Sydney
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 14 March 2017
This role is working with a leading international company, reporting directly into the Head of Legal. The role is a great opportunity for the right candidate to engage in a range of corporate and commercial work across the company's core business units.
This company is a market leader in the field of consumer goods and electronics. It is a high profile brand with a truly international presence. The company is at the forefront of technological developments and is renowned for its focus on innovation and creativity.
The position reports directly to the company's Head of Legal, and is based out of the company's Western Sydney office. The role is initially a 12 month contract with the possibility of extension. The role will involve:
- Providing legal and commercial advice to the business;
- Working across a range of practice areas including corporate and commercial law, competition and consumer law, marketing and advertising, and intellectual property;
- Liaising with external counsel as required;
- Providing internal advice and training to the business.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to undertake in-house work with a dynamic organisation. This is a particularly attractive proposition for a private practice lawyer looking to transition into an in-house role, or an in-house lawyer looking for a new challenge.
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- At least 5 years' experience as a solicitor;
- Experience across key areas such as competition and consumer law, marketing and advertising, and general corporate and commercial law;
- In-house experience is preferred;
- A commercial mindset and a willingness to contribute to the growth of the business;
- Strong attention to detail and developed drafting skills.
If you're interested in this opportunity, get in touch with Matthew Edwards on (02) 8289 3228.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.