Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 19 April 2017
As Australia’s most experienced defence system company, Saab Australia employs over 300 people and subcontracts work to more than 200 local companies. In 2017 Saab Australia celebrates its thirty year commitment to the Australian defence industry. Saab Australia has developed advanced defence, security and civil aviation systems for domestic and international markets, and constantly looks ahead and pushes the boundaries of what is possible.
Working at Saab, you'll be involved in developing and implementing sophisticated contracting arrangements for leading-edge applications that are world firsts. Working with leaders in the field, you'll have the chance to work on key and challenging projects that shape the future of Saab’s business.
The Commercial Advisor reports directly into General Manager Commercial and acts as a senior member of the Commercial team providing specialist input to a wide range of commercial and legal areas, a pro-active and timely commercial service to both internal and external customers and input into the commercial strategy within the team.
- Provide commercial and legal advice to Saab’s staff at all levels with a view to maximising profitable and mutually-beneficial contracts.
- Assist with the formulation and negotiation of strategic contracts, leading where appropriate, particularly in respect of legal issues.
- In association with the GM Commercial determine and establish commercial policies and procedures.
- Provide commercial, contractual and legal input for responses to Requests for Tender.
- Advise on and negotiate subcontracts and other commercial arrangements.
- Draft and review legal documents as required.
- Identify commercial risk and the formulation of risk management strategies.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, suppliers and services providers as required.
- Brief external lawyers and manage advice received.
- Provide general support to Saab’s Commercial Group in the areas of company commercial and legal policy, insurance policies, and corporate regulatory compliance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong negotiation skills with a flair for devising innovative and profitable business arrangements;
- The ability to effectively influence stakeholders across all levels of seniority;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player that works collaboratively within the wider group
- Relationship management skills and the ability to build strong commercial relationships
- Comfortable dealing with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- High level of self-motivation and ability to organise and manage own workload and coordinate workload with the requirements of internal customers
Qualifications / Experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Commerce, Business, Law or related discipline.
- Broad experience in negotiating and forming complex and innovative commercial arrangements.
- Ability to devise and implement successful commercial strategies.
- Proven commercial competence involving large multi-discipline projects.
- Demonstrated team-building skills.
- Strong knowledge of principles and application of contract law.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing, responding to and negotiating contracts and Requests for Tenders.
- Must meet the Australian Department of Defence Industrial Security Requirements
Saab is a global defence and security company that offers an incredible culture and working environment as well as long term career progression opportunities. For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting Adelaide based opportunity please contact Nick Kulakoff
To apply please click apply or call Nicholas Kulakoff on 08 8216 3500 for a confidential discussion.