Legal Counsel - International Company - 2-5 PQE
Salary Attractive package
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 19 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
We are working with a growing company looking to hire a junior legal counsel. The role is an exciting opportunity for first-movers looking for a broad, commercial in-house role. Competitive salary and convenient location in the heart of Sydney's CBD near Circular Quay.
The company is a growing, international funds management business. It was founded in Australia but now has a presence across the APAC region, with offices in Australia, NZ and south-east Asia.
Over the last ten years, the company has established a reputation as one of the premier and most profitable funds management businesses in Australia. As such, the company has undergone a period of rapid expansion and the demand for quality staff has increased.
The company prides itself on being a market leader but also promotes the health and wellbeing of its employees. Staff at the company enjoy flexible working arrangements, a social and dynamic culture and additional salary benefits.
The vacancy sits within the company's close-knit and high performing legal team. You'll be working closely with a senior lawyer who will help to guide and mentor you through the intricacies of the in-house environment.
The work will be broad, and the role would suit someone who is looking to expand their skill set beyond one practice area specialisation. As such, you'll be undertaking work across the following areas:
- General commercial drafting and negotiation;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Data protection and privacy;
- Property acquisitions and leasing;
- Funds management and financial services;
- Corporate governance and corporate advisory work.
You'll also gain some valuable in-house skills, including:
- Liaising with key internal company stakeholders;
- Pushing back on unfavourable terms of business;
- Managing external law firm spend and delegating work to external counsel as appropriate;
- Time management and task prioritisation;
- Autonomous working.
You will be admitted as a solicitor in Australia and have worked at a reputable law firm or in a similar in-house role. The successful candidate will:
- Have gained at least 2 years' worth of post-qualification experience from a reputable law firm or company;
- Have practiced in areas such as corporate, commercial, employment, litgiation or IPT/TMT law;
- Possess solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Be motivated by working in a collegiate and collaborative team environment;
- Want to progress their in-house career and be committed to undertaking training and development (including targeted training sessions and on-the-job learning).
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.