Legal Counsel - Leasing - 2+ PQE
Salary Very attractive package
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 12 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
We are working with a leading retail brand looking to add a Legal Counsel to the team. The role has a property and franchising focus and would suit a junior to mid-level lawyer looking for an autonomous role reporting directly to Senior Management. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and motivated lawyer.
The company is a young, dynamic and rapidly expanding retail business. It was founded around 10 years ago with the aim of providing a quality of service to its customers. It has been consistently voted one of Australia's fastest growing and dynamic businesses. The company has a strong interest in the pursuit of social justice. The company's offices are located on the outskirts of Sydney's CBD.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior to mid-level lawyer to take an exciting next step in their career. The role supports the entire business and reports directly into Senior Management. Some of the key functions of the role include:
- Reviewing and negotiating key commercial documents including (primarily) lease agreements;
- Managing the company's internal database of legal files and precedent documents;
- Providing general commercial advice to key internal stakeholders within the business;
- Ensuring compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct;
- Managing external counsel as required.
This role would suit a dynamic, motivated and ambitious junior lawyer looking to take a step up in their career. The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 2 years' PQE gained from a reputable leasing or franchising practice;
- Internal stakeholder management skills;
- An attention to detail and an aptitude for time management - the role is fast spaced and would suit someone who can manage their time effectively;
- Down to earth and sociable;
- Willing to work in a team environment with wider company goals in mind;
- Energy and passion for their work.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.