Legal Counsel - Full / Part Time
Consultant Emma Linden
Date posted 3 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This market leading super fund is seeking to hire an experienced Contracts Lawyer to join their Investment Team. 5-10 PQE is the desired range.
This market leading Super Fund are highly regarded for their low cost model and running only to benefit their members. With over $9 billion in assets and over 7,000 members, this fund provides outstanding service and solid long term investment returns. The fund focuses on education and community focused organisations.
Key Role Responsibilities
This role will sit within the Investments Team and report to the Executive Manager. This role focuses on Investment Contracts and issues that arise from the investment functions such as:
- Review investment management agreements, contracts and other legal documentation
- Provide legal advice to the Investment Committee
- Review Investment Management agreements, contracts and other related legal documentation
- Advise on the purchase of assets to protect the interests of the organisation
- Manage and collaborate with external legal providers
- Review policies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
Key Role Requirements
- Admitted as a solicitor of NSW
- 5-10 years PQE
- Contracts experience is essential
- Contracts experience within the investment space is highly desirable
- Risk and compliance experience
- Knowledge of regulatory framework and superannuation industry
- Commercial awareness
- Fantastic interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Culture & Benefits
A dynamic role within a growing company and a fantastic team. Open to flexible work arrangements and the prospect of working at home. Interesting work underpinned by flexibility and a good work-life balance. A solid and strong culture.
To apply please click apply or call Emma Linden on 02 8289 3168 for a confidential discussion.