Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 8 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid-level lawyer looking to transition into an in-house role. Work with an international giant in the manufacturing space on a range of legal and commercial work.
The company is an international manufacturing business specialising in the transport and logistics industry. It is a publicly listed business. The company employs over 50,000 people globally and its revenue runs into the billions.
The legal team in Australia is led by an experienced General Counsel who has worked for top-tier law firms and international businesses. There are currently two available positions within the team.
The company's Brisbane office is located in the heart of the CBD.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for the management of a range of legal issues across the business. These will include:
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders, ranging from junior employees to senior management;
- Working closely with the commercial management team to provide legal assitance on the bids and tender process;
- Engaging in company secretarial work, including the preparation of governance material and meeting minutes;
- Overseeing the management of PPP work across the business.
- Commercial contract drafting, management and negotiation;
- Ensuring that the company's subsidiaries are properly registered and compliant;
- Dealing with direct reports and delegating key tasks as required;
- Management of external legal counsel as required.
- Admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- At least 5 years' PQE gained from a high performing law firm or from a similar in-house role;
- Exposure to front and back-end construction matters would be preferable;
- Any experience in IT would be favourable however not essential;
- Experience managing teams and/or individuals;
- Proven ability to liaise effectively with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in general commercial contract drafting and negotiation at a high level;
- A genuine willingness to work as part of a collegial and collaborative team.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.