Legal Counsel - Renewable Energy
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Matthew Edwards
Date posted 12 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This is a fantastic opportunity for a 3-4 PQE lawyer to join a world leader in renewable energy, based in Sydney's CBD. The role is challenging, diverse and will offer the successful candidate exposure to some of the most exciting renewable energy projects across the country.
Legal Counsel - Renewable Energy - Sydney CBD
The company is an international powerhouse in the renewable energy space, with a focus on solar energy. It has offices across the globe and has an established presence in Australia acting as one of the leaders in the sector. Its head Australian office is located in Sydney's CBD.
This is a unique opportunity for a 3-4 PQE lawyer to make the transition into an in-house role. The work will be diverse, but with a particular focus on construction, projects and financing. Some key requirements include:
- Providing counsel to the company's local commercial team with respect to the development, financing, construction and operation of utility-scale renewable energy projects;
- Assist with the management of regulatory and permitting affairs;
- Research, review, interpret, draft and negotiate project contracts;
- Manage and supervise outside counsel, including the management of external legal budgets and review of firm invoices;
- Provide counsel on legal issues identified by construction management in connection with projects under construction and under operation;
- Assist with dispute resolution procedures where appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be admitted as a solicitor in Australia;
- Have at least 3-4 years' experience gained from a reputable law firm or similar in-house role;
- Have gained experience across project finance, construction or infrastructure-related work;
- Be adaptable and able to manage their time effectively;
- Display a willingness to work closely with the General Counsel and the rest of the team members across the different departments but also autonomously, and make independent decisions where required;
- Have a genuine interest in the renewable energy space and be passionate about the projects that the company is undertaking.
To apply please click apply or call Matthew Edwards on 02 8289 3228 for a confidential discussion.